Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry - Handling of Child Abuse by Religious Organisations
Not sure if this has been posted yet. The closing date for submissions is 31 August.
The Committee is seeking information relating to:
• The causes and effects of criminal abuse within religious and other non-government organisations.
• Whether victims were in any way discouraged from reporting such abuse, either within the relevant organisation or to the police.
• If such abuse was reported, how the reporting of their experience of abuse was handled.
• The consequences of abuse, including the effect on the victims and others, and the consequences for the perpetrator(s).
• The adequacy of the policies, procedures and practices within religious and other non-government organisations that relate to the prevention of, and response to, child abuse.
• Suggestions for reform, to help prevent abuse and ensure that allegations of abuse are properly dealt with. This includes both reforms to Victorian laws and reforms to the policies, procedures and practices within religious and other non-government organisations.
Here is the link:
Posted by the Wizardofoz on ESMB: