Thursday 23 August 2012

Scientology's Grip on the Mind

An Ex Sea Org member explains it for us...
The most vivid memory I have from that time is getting scared so badly by a Sea Org member threatening me with getting dropped off in the middle of East Grinstead by myself that I urinated on myself. I was that scared. I walked from Saint Hill back to Angela's in wet clothes. A two-hour walk.

I always tell my sister that I wish people who are not Scientologists could understand the severe mental, emotional, and psychological abuse that we were subjected to. Yes, the physical abuse was horrific but it didn't have the same impact on me. When I say that I walk alone, I mean that. I trust no one. I walk into a room and my first instinct is to look for every exit and plan my escape if I need it. I will never sit with my back to a room. I can't handle people in my personal space and I hate to be touched. These are just some of the things that I believe are left over from my cadet days.



http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_melissa_paris_cadet_org.php

No comments:

Post a Comment